Stalham Angling Club Rules
1. The name of the Club shall be the Stalham & District Angling Club, hereinafter referred to as The Club.
2. The object of the Club shall be to provide the facilities of an Angling Club for it’s members, including the organisation and provision of angling , and to promote the best interests of anglers and angling.
The Club shall consist of the following classes of membership :
4. Limitation of membership and age limits of juniors to be decided at Annual General meetings.
5. Application for new membership must be made in writing to the Secretary and the application will be vetted by the Committee.
6. The management of the Club shall be vested in the officers & Committee.
The officers of the Club shall consist of: President, Vice president, Chairman, Secretary , Treasurer , Match Secretary, Plus three Ordinary Members, all of whom shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting.
The annual Subscription for club Membership shall be such sum as the Committee shall have determined to be necessary for the proper running of the Club, and put before members at the Annual General Meeting for ratification, membership subscriptions shall be payable on or before 1 st May.
The Committee may expel from the Club any member for conduct which in their opinion, is injurious to the interests of the Club or it’s objects or members or angling. Before expelling a member, the Committee shall enquire into his/her conduct and they shall be given a reasonable opportunity to defend or justify his/herself either in writing, or by appearing before the Committee as he/she shall elect.
10. The A.G.M shall be held on the 3rd Tuesday in March each year to receive the annual account and Balance sheet as prepared by the Treasurer.. To appoint Officers, to fill vacancies on the Committee and to decide any resolution submitted by the Committee or membership.
Junior members are not allowed to vote at any A.G.M..
Two trustees of the Club to be elected at the A.G.M. annually.
Two auditors to be elected at the A.G.M annually
13. Proposals for Annual General Meeting must be received by the Secretary, in writing , 21 days prior to the AGM, Amendments only to these will be heard from the floor.
The Club may , at a General Meeting by a majority resolution of it’s members present and voting agree to it’s dissolution. Notice of such meeting and shall not be given not less than 21 days before the date of such a meeting , and shall include a notice of the proposed dissolution.
The Financial year runs from March 1st to February 28..
1. All members must possess a current .
Environment Agency Licence
2. To honour the country code at all times.
3. Club meetings to be held on the 1st Tuesday of the months of April,( membership meeting,) May, July, September, November, January,& March
A G M 3rd Tuesday of March
All meetings at the HARNSER, PUBLIC HOUSE, SUTTON at 8pm.
4. Strictly no litter to be left anywhere at any time.
5. Starting times of all matches to be decided at A G M subject to venue rules
6. A minimum of five members constitutes a competition.
7. The Match Secretary on the day will adjudicate in any disputes arising in any match/competition.
8. All organised Club events shall be pegged down
9. All organised Club Events being open to members shall count towards the points Club Championship.
10. Pairs and Singles Knock-out competitions to be fished on the dates shown in the fixture list. These matches will only be fished on the SUNDAYS dated. Failure to turn up will mean elimination from the respective competition.
11. You can plumb the depth of water before the whistle,
12. you can put your keepnet in before the whistle.
13. you can make up more than one rod or pole.
14. all match pegs, where available must be booked with
Book or cancel by WED preceding match , or you may be liable to pay peg fee. If it cannot be filled.
15. Blood worm and Joker banned from all Club matches.
16. If toilets are available at venues please use .THIS IS A SERIOUS REFLECTION ON THE CLUB any member not complying could face expulsion from the club.
BOATYARD STALHAM additional rules
1. You must be polite to passing craft on rivers and in boatyard.
2. Fenders must not be lifted at any time , or you will be disqualified from the weigh-in and face dismissal from the Club.
3. No bait to be projected onto boats; if the wind takes bait onto boats ; please ensure you clean it off.
4. Toilets in Boatyard from October to March , Key will be available,
Subject to boatyard rules.